Located in the Midwood neighborhood of Brooklyn, BBC is the only private freestanding birthing facility in the New York metro area. We offer high-quality, family-centered care, allowing low-risk patients to give birth in a calm, home-like environment. The board-certified midwives of the Brooklyn Midwifery Group are very experienced, and are deeply committed to supporting and empowering patients and their families.
We are a member of the American Association of Birth Centers, and accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers. For more information about these rigorous markers of quality, see here and here.
Our midwives also have privileges at Maimonides Medical Center, which means they can manage normal deliveries and catch babies in the hospital. Clients who want or need to birth in a hospital setting can still receive care at BBC and deliver with our midwives.
In addition to prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care, we also offer GYN care. Our midwives offer annual exams, family planning services, and BRCA testing (which assesses the genetic risk for breast, ovarian, and colon cancer). A social worker and a lactation consultant are available onsite during limited weekday hours.
- We believe that childbirth is a normal, healthy process. The role of the midwife, in collaboration with obstetricians, pediatricians, and other health care providers, is to support and promote this normal process. Our team approach ensures that clients receive the best possible care.
- Through careful screening, deviations from the norm are recognized and addressed. We always prioritize the safety of our childbearing clients and their babies.
- We believe that all women have the right to health care that is medically safe, fits their lifestyle, and respects diverse physical, psychological, social, cultural, and economic needs. We take pride in the fact that our clientele reflects the diversity of our city.
- Women and their families have the right and responsibility to assume an active role in their own health care. Patient education is an essential part of our practice. The free exchange of information between staff and clients empowers women and their families to make informed choices about their care.
- Maternity care should honor and support family unity and development. Family members, including siblings, should be involved in the childbearing experience to whatever extent the family desires.
Confidentiality and Medical Records
All your medical records are considered confidential information.
Click here to view our full privacy statement.
*Please note that we are unable to provide care for clients who are expecting twins, or previously had a caesarean delivery.